One of the things that I am enjoying the most right now is how much Cambree and Griffin love each other. I wanted to have my kids close together to try to help them be close, and so far it seems to be working. I really don't think Cambree remembers much about life before Griffin, and I'm okay with that. I don't know if that helps them get along, but in my mind I think it does!
Griffin sleeps much more than Cambree does, and every time she hears him wake up, she'll say, "Giffin, momma! Giffin's awake! Go get him!" Then she'll take off running toward his room. She talks to him in a sweet little momma voice, too. And the way he responds to her is just wonderful! When she talks to him, his little face lights up with joy. It just makes my heart happy to see the love between the two of them!
Tonight, Griffin had Cambree's baby doll stroller, and he was pushing it along, walking behind it, which is a pretty new thing for him. Cambree was walking in front of the stroller, saying, "Come on, Giffin! You can do it! Come get me! Come this way!" Then she would look at me and say, "Momma, Giffin's walking!" She was so excited, you'd think it was her accomplishment :)
Cambree also still likes to hold Griffin, although he's not very patient with being held. If he's awake, he wants to be moving, so sitting in her lap is not something he wants to do right now. He is patient with her trying to "help" him with things, and he doesn't scream (most of the time) when she moves him to where she wants him to be. Don't get me wrong, there are already squabbles over toys, but for the most part, they are just happy to be brother and sister, and I'm happy to see it.
 |
| They love taking baths together. |
 |
| Cambree had been "washing" his back. |
 |
| Helping him learn how to patty cake. |
 |
| Cambree made a little nest for them in the shower in the downstairs bathroom with blankets, and they just had a blast playing there. |
 |
| I'm not 100% sure what they were doing here, but I'm sure they knew what they were doing! |
 |
| Happy as two peas in a pod :-) |
Corynn, Thanks for letting us know about your blog. I really enjoyed reading it and will be sure to check back from time to time. Aunt Lou
ReplyDelete