Wow, I'm not a very good blogger, huh? I kind of fell off the blogging wagon since we didn't have internet for a few weeks. Well, I'm back! However, this blog does not have a specific topic (other than things I want to remember about my kids), so if you don't care about any of that, you might want to stop reading :)
Cambree is a nut. I love that kid so much, it takes my breath away sometimes. She is amassing a list of famous quotes, and unfortunately I have already forgotten some of them. Here are a couple I remember (I'm M and she is C):
1. C: Griffin pulled my shirt. (Remember, G can't crawl or walk, so this means she got pretty close to him on her own.)
M: Okay, what do you want me to do?
C: Spank him.
2. M: What are you doing out of bed? (She always has an excuse for getting out of bed after she is supposed to be down for the night.)
C: I'm mad.
M: You're mad?
C: Yes. I'm mad.
M: What are you mad at?
C: I'm mad at my bed.
She is also her own biggest fan right now. Anytime we pray or talk about anything, she will include her name to ensure she's not forgotten. Here's an example of what a prayer might sound like:
M (praying from Cambree's perspective): Dear God, thank you for
C: Cambree!
M: and Cambree, and Daddy
C: and Cambree!
M: and Cambree, and Griffin
C: and Cambree! and Aiden and Abbie Grace and... Cambree!
This will continue for several minutes with her interspersing her name many times with those of family and friends!
Not only is she funny, but she has developed a really sweet personality. She will often tell me after a nap, "I missed you." And she will just randomly say, "I love you. I love Griffin, and I love Daddy, and I love Cambree, and I love Mommy." She also loves to blow me kisses, and most of the time will give me a kiss anytime I want.
Griffin is developing really well, too. On September 8, he decided to wiggle his way off of our bed. A 17 1/2 pound baby makes quite a loud thump when he falls off a bed upstairs and his momma is in the kitchen below. He is fine, but I'm on medication for my heart attack! On September 9, he ate rice cereal for the first time. (Yes, I know I said I didn't want him to, but then he started waking up 3 times a night to eat and wanted to eat all the time during the day, so much so that my body couldn't even refill, so I decided that I did, in fact, want him to eat cereal!) On September 11, he rolled from his back to his belly. He has decided that his right big toe makes an excellent snack. He has the most beautiful grin I've ever seen on a little boy, and he loves his momma! I also love him so much it takes my breath away!
Cambree really loves her little brother, Griffin really loves her, and it just makes me so happy! Unfortunately, I have had to start threatening her and disciplining her for waking him up. She wants him to be awake if she is, so often she will "accidentally" wake him up and then yell delightedly, "Griffin's awake!" That is probably the only time that he doesn't smile at her. Most of the time he just watches her and grins and just happily takes it when she messes with him. Note: if you're reading this, and you're thinking of making a comment telling me to enjoy it while it lasts, please don't. I am aware that they will go through phases where they won't know how much they love each other, but I am hopeful that they will have a great relationship as they grow up and throughout life. Keep your negativity to yourself!
I am honestly pretty certain that I do not deserve these sweet children, but I am so thankful that God entrusted me with them. When I look at them I am just reminded of God's goodness, grace, and mercy. He is so good!
Thanks for updating! I love how blogs give us ways of keeping up with each other when it's been too long! Our two girls are 21 months and 3 1/2, and I know how busy they are when they're really little! Of course we should enjoy it, and it will go fast, but it also gets much easier as they get older! We are just now getting to the point when they'll really play and I don't have to watch every second. Maeve is finally big enough to tell on Elena! Your kids are precious, and it's fun to see what you guys are up to! We have a blog too if you want to see it: elenaandmaeve.blogspot.com.
ReplyDeleteAshley Sprinkle-Tappan
Love your conversations with Cambree. They are adorable and they crack me up!! :-)
ReplyDeleteWe are thankful and love Bree Bree as well...and of course that little chub of a boy! God is good. Thanks for this post.
ReplyDeleteBlogs are for journaling all of these little things that you will easily forget one day. One year from now you will be so glad you typed all of this out. Loved it!
ReplyDelete