Monday, October 18, 2010

Failure.

Well, today has been a day. I'm probably not too intelligent for posting this, because I don't really prefer to look like a horrible parent/person, but I need an outlet, so here goes.
Today, I had to rewash laundry that STUNK because it had been in the washer since Wednesday. Yep, it's Monday. That's right, 5 days.
Today, I set out 2 ice cube trays full of frozen homemade baby food to warm up for 5 minutes so that I could get it out of the trays and into freezer bags. Three hours later,I found it on the counter, completely thawed out. Didn't know if it was safe to refreeze it, so I threw it out.
This morning, I did my weekly weigh in. I gained 2 pounds last week. So what did I do today? I ate 2 pieces of cake after lunch and then 2 servings of strawberry shortcake at dinner. Way to go, me.
I also neglected to clean up said cake plate after lunch today and came home tonight to find it crawling with ants. It was sitting on our kitchen table. I freaked out and sprayed Raid on it. So now I've got to figure out what will make our table safe again, seeing as how I sprayed poison all over it.
I snapped at my cousins at supper because they were discussing weight, and the weight that they stay at is approximately 20 pounds less than I have weighed since before puberty. And, no, they're not shorter than me. Sorry, Jill and Lora.
This afternoon, I was reading to the kids on Cambree's bed and turned around to get another book off the bookshelf. Thump. Scream. Yep, Griffin fell off the bed. Super.
Took some Benadryl yesterday and  today because I had some hives. Turns out it doesn't agree with Griffin, so he's blown out 2 diapers today and spit up numerous times, once on our bed. It's on my side, so I'll just sleep on it tonight.
To top it all off... Cambree fell down the stairs tonight. Luckily it was only halfway down and she is okay, but it was one of those things that left me shaking for a while afterward. Ed was putting her to bed, and I was trying to clean up aforementioned ant disaster and forgot to kiss her goodnight. She came down to get her kiss and somehow fell trying to go back up.
Well, that was my day. I'm going to go to sleep in my spit-up bed and pray that we don't all get eaten by lions at the zoo tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Corynn! I pray that you are blessed with a peaceful nights sleep and that all of the animals at the zoo have been well fed! Tomorrow is a new day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made myself a poster that I put by my bedroom door that says "breathe and smile, it's a brand new day". Being a mama of littles is exhausting-really fun and amazing, but oh so tiring too. Luckily our good moments usually outweigh the crazy!
    Praying for a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sweetheart! That's such a bad day! I am so so sorry. The ants on the cake plate, for me, would have landed that plate through a window. haha. {{hug}} I hope this morning's coffee tastes like a brand new day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh friend. I totally know the frustration and that sense of being overwhelmed. I think you're the best mom! Keep your head up. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all mom's can totally identify with this post!! Sorry you had such a rough day. I'll make it my personal mission to make sure today is better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this post!! This is how I feel virtually every day of my life. It's good to know I'm not alone, and that every now and then, even those who seem to have it all together (you, in my opinion) sometimes have to rewash their laundry, too. I hope it's a very long time before you have another day like this one.

    ReplyDelete