| This is what I am greeted with a lot now when he is supposed to be sleeping. "Mom, I stood up and I'm so tired I don't remember how to get back down! Help! Help!" |
| Isn't it cute that he looks like he's waving to me after he knocked over the plant and tried to eat the leaves? |
| "What? Did you not want me to pull all the books off of my bookshelf?" |
Griffin is crawling and pulling up! Do you get a picture of how hectic my life is becoming by looking at his innocent little face? You'd think that if I had the house babyproofed for Cambree, it wouldn't be a big deal with Griffin. Well, it wouldn't be, except it's a new house and it is NOT babyproof! My son's favorite thing to chew on is electrical cords. There is the strong possibility that we will become Amish for a while and just unplug everything! Also, Dr. Bard's suggestion that we get a small tabletop Christmas tree (which seemed silly a month ago when he wasn't mobile) is apparently a brilliant idea. I'm just gonna say that he would pull it over and not even try a regular tree!
The addition of lots of movement to my son's routine has resulted in him being even hungrier, which I didn't think was possible. Last night, he nursed on both sides at 5. At 5:30, he ate yogurt, applesauce, cereal, and squash. At 6:30 he "told" his Bible class teacher that he was hungry and ate puffs in there. At 8:15 he was starving and ready to nurse again. I'm setting up a PayPal account for "Feed Griffin" donations if anyone wants to contribute :-)
Griffin also loves to make raspberries now. If you don't know what that is, it involves noise and spit coming from his mouth. He decided that the absolute best time to blow raspberries as loudly as he could would be during the prayer on Sunday morning. If you were one of the people trying not to laugh, I'm sorry. I know there were many of you, as I looked around and saw people around us shaking trying to hold it in. And just so you know, it IS possible to blow raspberries with a paci in your mouth. Yep, we tried plugging him, and it didn't work! Oh, well.
Even though life is getting more interesting by the day, I am loving it. He is becoming more and more fun every day! He has a really sweet personality. Like Cambree, he's a pretty happy kid unless he is hungry or sleepy. I love this boy!
LOVE the pictures! He's super cute. Raspberries are awesome...don't even try to plug him. It makes him cuter, if that's possible. I'm glad he's good in bible class and can already 'tell' the teacher when he's hungry...Aaron was still getting kicked out of bible class at Griffin's age.
ReplyDeleteBoys are always more trouble, louder and hungrier! I love that he blew raspberries during church...reminds of those big blowouts they have as newborns! Those always came during a prayer or communion :)
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of the turned over plant. Hahahaha. He is adorable!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHey-
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment! I made the cake-I used a tutorial on Ikatbag blog as a guide, but changed it some. They sell them at mahar dry goods, though I don't know if you can individual pieces out of them. The trick is you have to use real felt-the acrylic stuff won't stick. It makes it a little more expensive.
I have a canon rebel EOS that I bought from a friend. I LOVE it. Love it. I took a photography class at UT and he suggested a 50 millimeter lens for pictures of kids or close ups of food. It takes better pictures in low light. It's a little bit of an adjustment to get used to because you can't zoom in and out and you can't really use a flash with it, but it takes great low light pictures and pictures of kids once you get the hang of it. It's about $100.
Your kiddos are adorable. We each have one sibling and each of them has one baby boy, so it's fun to compare girls and boys! The boys in our crew are more laid back than our girls, but eat like ten times as much-even as babies! Good to hear from you!
He's so cute. When Cooper was a baby, crawling around, I had a sofa table in my living room that had a bottom shelf with pictures on it. He would throw those pictures off that table and scatter them, then sit down under that table. I would get frustrated, but he was so darn cute!
ReplyDelete