Wow, I feel like we have been on the run lately! Life is good, although we've had a few icky moments this week... Let me tell you about our last week.
Last Friday, I sent Cambree off to college. Well, sort of! Ed and Cambree left to head toward Knoxville for the UT game on Saturday. This was her first big football experience, but since she absolutely loves football, we figured she'd have a blast. She and her daddy rode in his truck to Sweetwater for the night. She loves to ride in his truck, so this was a great way to start the trip. She got to have a Happy Meal for dinner, coke for breakfast Saturday, and nachos and popcorn for lunch at the game. Needless to say, she was pretty happy about her daddy's meal choices! They had a great time the whole weekend, although Ed was a little bit sore from carrying her around campus on his shoulders! Luckily for him, Brent (his brother) met them at the game, so he carried her for a while after it was over. When she got home Saturday night, she was so excited to tell me all about it. And all week long, she has told people that she saw two Smokeys (the real one and the one in the costume, in case you're wondering). She also likes to march like she is in the band now, which is fun to watch. And next Saturday, all 4 of us plus Ed's parents are heading back to Knoxville for another game. I'm super excited to be there for all the action :)
While the 2 of them were away, I had some wonderful girl time. Friday night, I went with 5 of my friends to Murfreesboro to eat and celebrate my friend Andrea who is having a baby soon. We ate at the Macaroni Grill, then shopped without the kiddos! To top it off, we had frozen custard before we headed home. The next morning, I headed to Nashville with my friends Sheree and Kelly and 2 kids to go to Christmas Village. Considering that the 3 of us have 6 total kids, we were totally cool with only having 2. We shopped and shopped, ate yummy kettle corn, and just had a good time. Unfortunately, when we came out, the van wouldn't start. Lucky for us, a fairgrounds' employee came by and jumped us off, so we were on our way! Even with the one little setback, it was a nice, relaxing day. Griffin and Kaylee (Sheree's 10 week old daughter) were such troopers!
Sunday was pretty normal, and I honestly don't know what I did during the day Monday. That night, we ate at my grandma's, then headed to church for singing practice for the Christmas party. I learned that I do not know the alto part to the 4 songs that Don picked for us to sing, but I hung in there and sang alto as best I could!
Tuesday, I took the van to see what was wrong with it. Apparently nothing.
Wednesday, the garage door broke. The spring broke first, but in trying to figure out what was wrong with it, the door broke as well. Seeing as how we're not in the mood to spend that much money on our door right now, the van has been booted outside until probably after Christmas. Pray for good weather!
Yesterday, we had an awesome prayer group in the morning. After my kiddos' naps, I sent them to play with the Farmer family, who are just an awesome group of people and who love my kids so much! I got a little bit done around the house, made a quick diaper run, and then headed over with Ed to pick them up. We sat and talked like we do when we're all together, and finally around 9:45 made it out the door. Guess what? The van wouldn't start again. After about 15 minutes of working with it, it finally started, and we made it home.
Today's agenda? I'm heading to Auto Zone to have them check my battery. It was going to happen this morning, but we stayed in bed for a while. Griffin decided to cry from 1:30 to 2:45 last night until I finally gave up and put him in bed with us. Let's just say I didn't get a lot of sleep. Luckily, Cambree was tired from being out late, so we all slept until 9, then just hung out for another hour or so. We needed it, so I'm not complaining. Tonight we are headed to Shelbyville to 50's and Fiddles for their open mike bluegrass night. We know two of the bands that will be playing, so we're pretty excited about it.
Oh, and quick update: Griffin is crawling! Maybe that's one reason we all had to sleep late this morning. He is getting into so much now. I love it, but I've definitely got to get some baby proofing done!
No comments:
Post a Comment