Sunday, March 27, 2011

11 Months!!!!!

My son is eleven months old today. That means that in exactly one month, he'll be a year old. Wonderful, yes, but it also leaves me wondering where time went. It seems like he's been in my life forever, but that he shouldn't be this old, either. Hard to explain, but you mommas and daddies know!

Here's a highlight of some of the things he's doing:

-Walking. It's now his preferred method of movement. No running yet, which is fine with this momma!

-Talking. Most of which is indecipherable, but he is really developing a voice. His favorite word is Mah...Muh. (That would be momma, but he likes to say it slowly and loudly. Especially in the van. He'll sit in the back and say it over and over until I say, "Grif-fin." He'll pause, then start saying it again.) He also says bye-bye, nuh-nuh (which means nurse or hungry), and sometimes hi and daddy.

-He is definitely a momma's boy. He will go to other people... unless I'm around. Typically, if I'm in the room and  he wants to be held, he wants to be held by me. However, 99% of the time, if I'm not in the room, he's happy with whoever wants to give him some love.

-I gave him milk this week, and he seems to like it. (Not a surprise, since he'll eat pretty much anything.) Which is a big bonus for Cambree as well, because if he's drinking it, she thinks she should be, too. As opposed to previously, which would be about one glass of milk a week for her.

-Trouble! Not in a bad way, well, most of the time :-)  He is definitely into things now. Friday he opened a bottle of sprinkles with a screw on lid, pulled the raw chicken tray out of the trash can which has a lid on it, and climbed Cambree's stepstool onto the toilet, then promptly became so excited about his accomplishment that he turned to grin at me and fell off. This momma's got to be on her toes!

-Love. He is still a snuggly baby. He likes to hug, and he'll give me a kiss most of the time if I ask for one.

-Opinions. Griffin definitely is not afraid to express his opinions about what he wants or doesn't want. If he wants me to stop doing something, he will grab my hand and push it away. And he's pretty strong! If he thinks he won't like a food, he'll duck his head and block his mouth with his hands. And if you take a "toy" (could include a computer, fork, paper towel, anything dangerous) away from him, he will cry. Sometimes a mad cry, sometimes a broken hearted cry.

I love this little boy so very much, and I can't wait to continue to watch him grow! (Which will probably be happening soon, seeing as how he ate two platefuls at small group tonight plus some cornbread and brownie. He consistently out eats Cambree!) Enjoy the pics.

Trying to get a good picture of him today. He just wanted to walk!

Playing train with Cambree. She likes to be the engine.

Happily playing in the pile of sprinkles he dumped onto the floor.

Letting them both play. This lasted about 30 seconds, as he started flinging them everywhere.

Another 11 month picture. Perpetual motion!
Love this pic! Happily playing with the pitcher we were using to wet the concrete around the fence posts.

I feel like he looks enormous in this picture! I mean, Nana is a fairly small woman, but still!

He played with this block of wood forever!

Moving all the time, but still has cute little leg rolls.

Cambree's car is probably his favorite outdoor toy. He'll push it around the driveway for 30 minutes at a time!

Headed into the sunset :-)

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures and comments Corynn. Love that little growing boy. I experienced his broken hearted cry last night when I closed down the lap top and he wanted to play with it. I almost opened it back up...I thought I crushed his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... the sprinkles picture is priceless!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete