Well, my neatness isn't working out so well! I haven't given up, but apparently I need more focus than I've had lately to keep my house neat and clean. We have been working on painting and doing small renovations around the house, and I haven't been able to work on those and be clean, too. I don't know why. (On a side note, I'll post pics of what we've done around the house soon.) Thought you'd enjoy this funny story about our family's efforts at cleanliness...
Last week I was getting ready to paint, and I took my flip flops off. I neatly set them close to the door in the living room. Cambree told me she wanted to take her shoes off as well. She sat on the couch and kicked them onto the floor. Being a mother who at least tries to encourage cleanliness, I said, "Cambree, is that where your shoes go?" Interpretation: Cambree, shouldn't you carry your shoes upstairs and put them in your closet? My darling daughter, who watches everything I do, picked her shoes up, carried them over to where my shoes were, and neatly set her shoes right beside mine so that all 4 shoes were lined up. She looked at me and sweetly said, "There you go, momma." I just smiled and didn't say anything, because I sure didn't want to carry my shoes upstairs and put them in my closet! Guess I'll have to work on modeling appropriate behavior, huh?
ha ha ha! perfect. Personally, I think you've been doing a great job at keeping things cleaner. home renovations will make a TOTAL mess. Post the pictures soon!
ReplyDelete